The ISO 14001 can be described as a component of numerous universal standards that are applicable to any business firm or enterprise in any part of the world for an active ecological administration. The ISO 14001 clearly stipulates all the vital requirements for identifying, controlling and monitoring environmental aspects of the organization. It also clarifies the best ways that can be used for managing and improving the whole system.
Therefore, it can be said that the ISO 14001 works as an international standard which helps to stipulate all the requirements that are crucial for the manoeuver of an effective and comprehensive Environmental Management System (EMS). ISO 14001 presents with a framework which can be easily followed by an organization, instead of trying to establish the environmental performance requirements on its own.
Practical application of ISO 14001
As a part of ISO 14000 series of ecological management standards, ISO 14001 works as a robust intended standard which all types of establishments can conveniently certify to. By assimilating ISO 14001 with some of the other ideals of management schemes such as ISO 9001, it is possible for a business concern to accomplish its organizational goals in a successful manner.
ISO or the International Organization for Standardization clearly outlines or describes an EMS or environmental management system as a characteristic of a management system which can be used for managing environmental facets, adhere to compliance commitments as well as address prospects and risks. The ISO 14001 standard agenda can be executed with a PDCA or plan-do-check-act approach for ensuring continuous improvement.
Why do I need Kwikcert in particular?
Because we keep the entire process simpler, ISO 14001 Certification can take just 7 – 30 days to complete the process based on your company’s size. In fact, our ‘Hassle-free certification’ approach provides the following benefits
- Reduce the time taken to acquire ISO 14001 Certification
- No Certification cost
- We provide you access to web-based online Process Repository Software to manage your complete process documentation
- 24/7 access to our back end support team who can manage your process documentation remotely
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of maintaining Certification
What are the main benefits of following ISO 14001?
Here are the main benefits of implementing ISO 14001.
- Demonstrating pledge and declaring the customers, the investors, the community and the public
- Bringing down incidents and issues that may lead to liability, thus reducing insurance costs
- Coming up with better ways of cost control by conserving energy and input materials
- Helping companies to obtain authorizations and permits necessary for local trade
Who should follow ISO 14001:2015 revision?
ISO 14001:2015 is the version of ISO 14001 standard that is currently followed all over the world. It should be employed by all business organizations that intend to advance, progress, maintain or set up a detailed and real environmental management system for conforming to the established environmental requirements and policy. The ISO 14001 standard requirements can be smoothly implemented into all kinds of environmental management systems. The various factors that can determine the extent of such implementation include the industry or sector to which the organization belongs; the location of the company; environmental policy as well as the services and products offered. The good thing about ISO 14001:2015 is that it is perfectly relevant to all types of organizations, irrespective of their locations, sizes, industry or sector.
Benefits of implementing ISO 14001:2015
Once you choose to implement ISO 14001:2015, you will find that it provides you with a lot of important benefits. It can easily blend with your existing environmental management structure and deliver excellent results. So let’s have a closer look at the most important benefits of implementing ISO 14001:2015.
- It helps to bring down waste
- Meet various legal obligations
- It can improve resource efficiency
- Boost new business opportunities
- It can drive down the overall costs
- Increase customer and stakeholder trust
- Improve environmental impact to a great extent
- Manage all kinds of environmental obligations with assurance and consistency
- It can help in gaining a competitive advantage over others in the design of supply chain
- It can provide with complete assurance that effective measures are in place to measure the environmental impact