ISO 22000 Certification can be described as a Food Safety Management System (FSMS) which can be applied for any business organization within the food chain. When a company has ISO 22000 certification, it shows that the organization has got a proper food safety management program in place. This naturally enhances the confidence customers have in the product. With the growing need for safe food in all sectors of food business and industrial world, it is becoming more and more important for companies associated with this sector to have the ISO 22000 certification. It helps customers to consume their food knowing well enough that their health and well being is in good hands.
The importance of ISO 22000
It is always necessary to have a properly standardized system to ensure safety and high quality of food. This can not only protect the integrity of every dealer or link within the food chain but also help to make sure that the consumers have the best food products that money can buy. Traditionally there have been numerous standards that defined food safety all over the world, which invariably led to a lot of confusion for the food producers and manufacturers and consumers. Therefore it became necessary to have a worldwide standard that everyone can refer to. This naturally gave birth to ISO 22000 as the global standard for Food Safety Management System.
ISO or International Organization for Standardization came up with their Food Safety Management System which is commonly referred to as ISO 22000. Nowadays this standard is applied to various companies within the food industry, starting from the farmers, transporters, manufacturers to the packaging professionals and retailers. Ever since ISO 22000 was first implemented, it grew in popularity and now it is accepted by all countries in the world. This has also made it possible for the consumers to have the peace of mind they need when it comes to consuming food in any country other than their own.
Why do I need Kwikcert in particular?
Because we keep the entire process simpler, ISO 22000 Certification can take just 7 – 30 days to complete the process based on your company’s size. In fact, our ‘Hassle-free certification’ approach provides the following benefits
- Reduce the time taken to acquire ISO 22000 Certification
- No Certification cost
- We provide you access to web-based online Process Repository Software to manage your complete process documentation
- 24/7 access to our back end support team who can manage your process documentation remotely
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of maintaining Certification
Who should implement ISO 22000 Certification?
ISO 22000 Standard must be implemented by any company that is associated with the food chain, starting from the field to the store including the farmers or growers, packagers, transporters, retailers, processors, bottlers, eateries and restaurants. They should also cover the tasks of other professionals like caterers and chefs who are associated with the food industry.
Essential requirements associated with ISO 22000
ISO 22000 Standard has got numerous specific requirements that must be adhered to by the Food Safety Management System. Here are the standard processes that are associated with ISO 22000:
- Every organization should have a well planned and detailed Food Safety Policy that is developed by the top management
- Designing and planning the management system should be carried out along with effective documenting.
- Objectives must be set from the start that can help in driving the efforts of your company to comply with such a policy.
- Detailed records should be maintained to track the performance of the Food Safety Policy and the management system.
- A qualified team of individuals should be chosen to create the company’s Food Safety Team
- Communication procedures should be clearly defined that can help to maintain effective communication with various professionals outside the company, such as suppliers, regulatory and customers. It is also necessary to maintain proper internal communication channels.
- An emergency or backup plan should always be present.
- Management review meetings must be held at regular intervals to evaluate FSMSperformance.
- Adequate resources should be provided for smooth running of FSMS which must include properly trained personnel, smart infrastructure and a positive work environment which can guarantee food safety