ISO 45001 is a commonly held “Universal Standard”. It stipulates the necessities for OH&S or Occupational Health and Safety Management System. It also offers guidance for the usage of such laws so that establishments can work towards refining their OH&S performance and thereby minimizing the chances of any injury and health issues.
The ISO 45001 standard is meant for all kinds of organizations nevertheless of its nature, kind and extent. With the OH&S management system implemented by the ISO 45001 standard, it is possible for business organizations to integrate numerous other aspects of safety and health like wellbeing and wellness of the workers. It must be noted that the organization may be required to be in compliance with the applicable legal requirements for addressing issues like that.
Why do I need Kwikcert in particular?
Because we keep the entire process simpler, ISO 45001 Certification can take just 7 – 30 days to complete the process based on your company’s size. In fact, our ‘Hassle-free certification’ approach provides the following benefits
- Reduce the time taken to acquire ISO 45001 Certification
- No Certification cost
- We provide you access to web-based online Process Repository Software to manage your complete process documentation
- 24/7 access to our back end support team who can manage your process documentation remotely
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of maintaining Certification
Benefits of ISO 45001
Applying the ISO 45001 will help administrations to work with an OH&S management system that can advance its occupational wellbeing and security management in the following ways.
- Developing and executing a rigorous and comprehensive OH&S policy along with objectives
- Establishing smart operational controls for managing OH&S risks along with its legal ramifications and other factors
- Clearly marking the jeopardies and perils associated with OH&S and its activities and then trying to eliminate them; it may also involve the implementation of controls which can reduce their potential effects
- Founding actual systematic courses that consider the opportunities and risks as well as the legal aspects of ISO 45001
- Evaluating the overall OH&S performance as well as coming up with ways to improve it by taking various types of suitable arrangements
- Increasing the awareness of OH&S risks
- Making sure that the workers and employees actively follow all OH&S matters
Implementing theISO 45001 can also help to make sure that a company gains a strong reputation as a safe and healthy place to work. This can also encourage new potential employees to get interested in working with the company. It can also have the following benefits:
- It can help in enhancing the ability of a company to attend all regulatory compliance issues
- It can bring down the cost associated with the insurance premiums
- The standard can reduce the costs associated with downtime as well as disruption of operations
- It can make it easier to reduce the costs of all incidents
- It can also minimize absenteeism in a major way and also enhance employee turnover rates
It can bring recognition that comes with achieving an international benchmark. This can also impact the mindset of the customers who may become positively concerned about their diverse safety and social responsibilities.
Who should follow ISO 45001?
The ISO 45001 standard should be followed by all kinds of organizations that have employees working for them. This is so because unless the safety regulations associated with ISO 45001 are not followed strictly, it can adversely affect the health and well being of the workers. A systematic way of managing occupational health and safety can really work wonders for the company. This standard has the optimum flexibility which makes it perfect both for the large multinational and complex organizations as well as small firms and startups that mainly work on small-time low-risk operations.
Even though the ISO 45001 standard helps to make sure that the dangers associated with OH&S are properly controlled and managed, there can be a strong need to follow a risk-oriented approach while carrying out OH&S management. This is because the organization must make sure that its policies and methods are effective and that they are regularly upgraded to meet the changing and evolving needs of the company.