ISO 9001 is an international standard stipulating the necessities related to QMS or quality management system. Organizations are compliant to this standard for demonstrating their ability to provide services and products consistently which in turn meet all kinds of regulatory and customer requirements. ISO 9001 is the most widely used standard within the ISO 9000 series. It is also the only standard with which the business organizations can directly certify.
The ISO 9001 standard was first launched and published in the year 1987 by ISO or International Organization for Standardization, a global agency made up of national ethics those bodies from more than hundred and sixty different countries. The latest version of the ISO 9001 standard has been published on September 2015.
Who can use ISO 9001:2015?
The ISO 9001:2015 standard can apply to any business organization, irrespective of the industry or size. Over the years, more than a million business establishments from all parts of the world have signed up for the ISO 9001 standard to manage the quality management systems of their enterprises. The ISO 9001 standard can help them to achieve the following goals:
- Organize the processes of the enterprise in a systematic manner
- Improve the overall efficiency of the various processes
- Work on continual improvement of the business
Since ISO 9001:2015 is the latest version of this standard, it is important that any organization currently using the ISO 9001 must upgrade to ISO 9001:2015 at the shortest possible time. This includes the organizations that are currently certified to the ISO 9001:2008 as well as those that are somehow involved in the training and/or certifying others.
Why do I need Kwikcert in particular?
Because we keep the entire process simpler, ISO 9001 Certification can take just 7 – 30 days to complete the process based on your company’s size. In fact, our ‘Hassle-free certification’ approach provides the following benefits
- Reduce the time taken to acquire ISO 9001 Certification
- No Certification cost
- We provide you access to web-based online Process Repository Software to manage your complete process documentation
- 24/7 access to our back end support team who can manage your process documentation remotely
- Reduce management time required
- Reduce the cost of maintaining Certification
What are the elements covered by ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001 provides with the powerful course-oriented tactic for swotting and documenting the building, measures and tasks that are needed to be followed by an organization for smart quality management at every step of the way. It also provides with a step by step methodology to achieve these goals. ISO 9001 also contains vital information on the following matters:
- Responsibilities of management
- Requirements associated with the quality management system, such as all documented information, determining and planning of process interactions
- Product realization and its various steps starting from the design stage to the deliveries
- Resource management such as human resources as well as work environment management
- Analysis, measurement as well as enhancement of the QMS system through internal audits and corrective action
The latest version of ISO 9001, i.e. ISO 9001:2015 includes the following elements:
- Enhanced applicability for services
- Increased leadership requirements
- Introduction and application of new terminology
- Restructuring certain aspects of the information
- A greater prominence on target-specific risk-based thinking for improving the application of approach
Benefits of ISO 9001
The ISO 9001 standard can assist organizations to make sure that their customers always receive top quality services and products so that it can lead to satisfied customers, better management of the business as well as happier employees. As the ISO 9001 clearly specifies the various requirements needed to maintain a productive quality management system, business organizations can use the standard to achieve the following goals:
- Save business running costs
- Improve their processes on a continual basis
- Organize and implement a well-planned quality management system
- Create satisfied customers, improve business management and ensure happier employees
So if you still have not signed up for the ISO 9001 standard, it is important that you do so immediately as it can offer you a wide range of benefits. It can also help you to work on your business expansion plans.